Ricotta Cheesecake... the perfect Italian dessert for any occasion.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 Egg
- 2 ounces Oz - Milk
- 2 ounces Oz - Butter
- 2 ounces Oz - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tsp - Baking powder
- Flour- as much as needed to make a firm dough
For the Filling:
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Crust Preparations:
- In a bowl add the egg, milk, butter, sugar and baking powder.
- Completely mix these ingredients.
- Begin adding flour to the mix and work well.
- When all the ingredients are well amalgamated, move it to a flat surface and continue to work it with your hands until it reaches a firm consistency. Continue to add flower as needed.
- Flatten the dough by hand and then continue to flatten it into a round shape with a rolling pin.
- Continue flattening the dough until you have a sheet of dough about 1/4 inch tick and about 15" in diameter.
- Take a 9" springform pan, coat it with butter and then sprinkle some flour over the butter.
- Lay the dough over the springform pan. Let any excess dough hang over the sides of the pan. Do not cut the excess yet.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the filling.
- With an electric mixer, mix all ingredients.
- Pour the mixed filling into the baking pan.
- With a sharp knife cut any excess crust dough. Leave 1/2" of dough above surface of the filling.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350F.
- Garnish with confectioner sugar or any other topping you desire.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!
Nonna Rosetta Rauseo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Campania Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Ricotta Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Cookie Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cakes and Pies Recipes, Vegetarian Dessert Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cheesecake Recipes