Tuscan Cabbage Soup - Zuppa di Verza
Savoy Tuscan cabbage soup... for the real cold days!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 1 head of savoy cabbage
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup Pancetta
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium nion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- thick slices of hard bread
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Remove the sausage from the casing and discard the casing.
- In a saute` pan, saute` the sausage until it is evenly light brown.
- Remove the sausage and in the same saute` pan, add some EV olive oil and then add the chopped onion and chopped garlic.
- Saute` for a few minutes and then add the pancetta cut in small cubes.
- Saute` all together until the onion is very translucent and the pancetta is browned.
- Take a stock pot with the hot chicken broth and add the potatoes cut il large pieces
- Add the sauted onion, garlic and pancetta.
- Add the sausage.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add the verza and cook for 3 minutes or until the verza wilts.
- Now you are ready to serve. In a large soup bowl place at the bottom a slice of thick hard bread and pour the soup with a generous scoop of all the ingredients.
- Garnish with Parmigiano cheese.
Please Follow me on Instagram!