Winter Minestrone... a melting pot of leftover vegetables that were available to Nonna in the winter and that she had to consume or they would go bad.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Minestrone:
- 4 potatoes - cubed
- 2 cups butternut squash - cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 small artichokes, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli rabe, chopped in half
- 2 bay leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh black pepper
- pecorino cheese
- Put 10 cups of water in a pot, keep it boiling and set aside.
- In a large pot, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the onion chopped finely and the bay leaves. Saute` the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the potatoes and the butternut squash and saute` them in the onion for about 2 mins.
- Add the cauliflowers, the artichokes, the tomatoes and the celery and saute for about 2 mins.
- Add about 4 cups of water enough to cover the ingredients and let everything cook at medium flame for about 10-15 mins.
- If it gets too dry add some more hot water. Add salt as desired.
- Taste the potatoes and they are almost tender add the broccoli rabe.
- Let the broccoli rabe cook for 4-5 mins. and serve with pecorino cheese and fresh black pepper.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, First Course Recipes, Puglia Recipes, All Recipes, Soup Recipes, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Butternut Squash Recipes, Heart Friendly First Courses Recipes, Gluten Free First Courses Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Cucina Povera della Nonna
Thursday, 14 December 2017
I would make it again...Very Good... - email@example.com