Zuppa di Pesce Marechiara
Seafood in a light tomato based sauce. This recipe originated in the Gulf of Naples area.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Zuppa:
- 1/2 pound fresh mussels, scrubbed and de bearded
- 6 little neck clams
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 pound fresh calamari, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp
- 1/2 pound fresh scallops
- 1 14oz can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the clams and mussels to a bowl and cover with cold water. Add a handful of salt and soak for about 15-20 minutes. This will help all the sand come out and settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add the calamari, the mussels and the clams. Saute` for two minutes. Then add the white wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, shrimp and scallops to the pot. Stir to combine. Cover and cook until all the clams and mussels are open, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Taste for seasoning and season with salt and black pepper as desired. Serve with crusty Italian bread for dipping.
Nonna Amalia Lubrano, First Course Recipes, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Campania Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Zuppa di Pesce Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes