Carnevale Mask Fritters
Carnevale Mask Fritters.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Fritters:
- 2 1/3 cups 00 flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole milk room temp
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup rum or Strega liqueur
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the Ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and zests. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the egg, milk and liqueur. Mix well and then add in the butter.
- Mix by hand until a dough forms.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead by hand until a supple ball of dough forms, about 5 minutes.
- Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and rest it on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and knead for an additional 3 minutes.
- Take a handful of dough and flatten it into a rectangular shape. Pass the dough through a pasta roller attachment on a #2 setting, filing the sheets over several times. The first few passes of dough may have holes.
- Once the dough passes through with no holes, lay it on a lightly floured work surface and cut out the mask shapes with a cookie cutter, re rolling any extra dough.
- Heat 1 inch of frying oil and fry the cut out masks till golden. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, heat honey over low heat and brush the masks. Decorate with colored nonpareils.