Cavatelli with Tomato & Basil and Whipped Cottage Cheese
Cavatelli with Tomato & Basil and Whipped Cottage Cheese "Ricotta".
For 4 Person(s)
For the Cavatelli:
- 16 ounces 4% Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound homemade or dried Cavatelli pasta
- Add the cottage cheese to the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook until golden and fragrant, about 30 second to 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil and salt to the pan. Lower the flame to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cottage cheese and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop the cavatelli into the water and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the sauce. Toss the pasta in the sauce over a low flame for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the grated Parmigiano cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Serve with an extra sprinkle of grated parmigiano cheese.
Please Follow me on Instagram!