Chocolate Ricotta Cookies
This cookie recipe is actually for a true chocoholic! Different from the traditional Ricotta cookie. its chocolatey in and out!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ricotta Cheese, part skim
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teasponns almond extract
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons karo syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add almond and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- Stir in ricotta cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies bounce back when touched lightly and there is no wet look in the center of cookie.
- Transfer to a cookie rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by mixing melted butter, sugar, extract, and karo syrup together.
- When cookies are cool, frost & decorate as desired!
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!
Original Recipe: www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/2012/12/triple-chocolate-ricotta-cookies.html
light, not too sweet, needed no glaze - sasapee