Easter Bread Bunny Twists
Easter Bread Bunny Twists.
For 1 Batch(es)
To make the Bunnies:
- 4 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 4 packets Vanillina or 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 7 dyed eggs (not boiled)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 10 tablespoons tablespoons Sambuca Liqueur
- colored nonpareils to decorate
- Yield: 8 bunnies
- To make the Bunnies:
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, zest and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or an electric mixer until a dough forms.
- Lightly flour a work surface.
- Take a golf ball sized piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Press down on the ball with your palm and flatten it. Flatten out the edges with your fingers until you have a circle about 4-5 inches wide. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- *It is much easier to make the baskets directly on the baking sheet. You can style moving them once they are made.
- Take one pieces of dough about 1/2 Cup and roll it into a rope, about 1 inch thick and 12 inches long. Fold the dough in half and twist twice, making sure to leave a round opening on the bottom.
- Place the dyed egg in the opening.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and Sambuca until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the baskets and decorate with nonpareils.