Fresh Fava Beans with Pecorino
Fresh Fava Beans with Pecorino, a refreshing and tasty salad for the spring.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, removed from the pods
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 clove garlic, shaved
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1/4 pound pecorino cheese, shaved
- Remove the fava beans from the pods.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the fava beans. Let them cook for 3 minutes, drain the hot water and rinse the fava beans under cold water.
- Remove the skin from all the fava beans and put the fava beans in a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, the extra virgin olive oil, the garlic, the arugula and salt & pepper, as desired. Toss well.
- Add the pecorino cheese and toss gently. Serve chilled.