Fried Baccala` in pastella... so flaky, crisp and delicious.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Baccala`:
- 1 pound dried Baccala`
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- frying oil
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Before you can cook dried baccala` you need to remove the saltiness from it. The process to remove the saltiness is to put it in fresh cold water for 12-24 hours, depending on its thickness. Change the water several times during the process.
- In a bowl, prepare the pastella (batter) by mixing: flour, eggs, a pinch of salt, garlic, parsley, cheese and water.
- Dip the pieces of baccala` in the pastella and fry in hot oil.
- Fry both sides of each piece of baccala` until they turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
Appetizer Recipes, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Nonna Maria Nibaldi, Molise Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Baccala Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes
thisis exactly how mamma Lucia used to make it, and of course I\'m using her recipe. Love it!!! - vromana1
Great recipe for a novice with Baccala! - Ladym525
Bellisima - ja1441
So easy to make - mattbrem
Batter is very tasty, I fried the bacala earlier in the day, then heated up the pieces when my gues...
See Full Review >> - Nanny8
Excellent! - edtorr