Grilled Fennel and Orange Salad
A light and fresh tasting salad with an incredible combination of flavors, textues and colors.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 fresh fennel bulb
- 1 fresh navel orange or Sicilian blood orange peeled and cut in cubes, pith removed
- 1 fresh buffalo milk mozzarella
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- quality extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut fennel length wise 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle with olive oil and grill until slightly charred on the edges and nicely caramelized.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Cut the mozzarella in thin slices and place on a plate or platter.
- Layer the grilled fennel with oranges and sliced red onion on top of the mozzarella and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tear the mint and basil leaves by hand and place over salad.
- Drizzle salad with extra virgin olive oil and remaing juice from cut orange.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook...
The Best Mother's Day Gift For Your
Mamma & Nonna!
Please Follow me on Instagram!
This salad can be enjoyed on its own for a nice light lunch or makes a perfect match for any grilled meat, chicken or fish dish.