Maccheroni col Pettine e Ragu` alla Bolognese
When it comes to Ragu` you need to go to Emilia-Romagna to find the absolute best (Read the Full Story).
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ragu`:
- 1 pound Garganelli pasta (Pasta al Pettine) - or Egg Noodles
- 1/2 pound chopped meat (Beef - very lean)
- 1/2 pound fresh pork sausage, remove the skin (or pork chopped meat)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces concentrated tomato paste
- 2 dried cloves
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon salt
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Saute` the onion in EV olive oil until it withers.
- Add the carrot and the celery and cook for a few minutes
- Add the chopped meat and the sausage, mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt, some nutmeg and the cloves.
- Stir well and add the tomato concentrate and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook at very low heat for one hour. Stir from time to time. You want the Ragu` to reach a rather dry consistency (see photo below).
- Pour the Ragu` over tha pasta which you have cooked "al dente"
- Sprinkle a generous dose of parmigiano before serving.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Nonna Nives Bruschi, Italian Pasta Recipes, Emilia Romagna Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Ragu` Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Italian Pasta Sauces, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Sunday Dinner Recipes
PEAS ARE A NICE ADDITION. - Debra-Bevilacqua@comcast.net