Nonna Romana’s Sausage, Potatoes and Onions Recipe
Nonna Romana’s Sausage, Potatoes and Onions Recipe.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sausage & Potatoes:
- 1 pound sweet or Hot Italian sausage links
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 canned peeled tomatoes, drained, crushed by hand
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup water
- With a fork prick all the sausage links all over.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the sausage and boil for 10 minutes. Remove to a plate slice the links into bite sized chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Transfer to a baking dish and add the potatoes, tomatoes, onions, oil and salt. Toss to make sure everything is coated in oil. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Pour water into the pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and the sausage has cooked.
Should this be baked covered or uncovered ? Thank you - email@example.com
This was delicious but a few tweaks are necessary. 400 degrees is a high heat you need more than 4 t...
See Full Review >> - Julialynny
Why boil the sausage first? Is that necessary? - asrusso
This recipe intrigued me. I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of flavors work very well. A...
See Full Review >> - Giamia
Was great - bobby459