Pasta with Rapini and Ricotta
The creamy textured ricotta smothers the pasta and the onion and garlic infused rapini add a wonderful earthy flavor making this rustic recipe a classic in our home.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound pasta ( I used Rigatoni)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh, chopped rapini (broccoli rabe)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or whole
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Boil pasta in some salted water .
- As the pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in some olive oil then add rapini and a 1/2 cup of the boiling pasta water, salt and pepper and cook until tender (approx. 5 minutes)
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, stir in the ricotta cheese and toss until well mixed.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some fresh grated parmigiano reggiano and serve.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
This is a super simple recipe, great for a quick weeknight dinner. Add some peperoncino for a little kick!