Penne al Ragù
Penne al Ragù.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ragu`:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 celery stalk cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pound meatloaf mix, veal, pork and beef
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Put a stock pot with a lid or a dutch oven over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery and rosemary to the pot and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until fully browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the red wine to the pot and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Lower the flame and cover. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the milk and butter to the pot. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the penne and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pot with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Serve in warm bowls with plenty of grated parmigiano cheese.