Penne with Zucchini and Pancetta
I love the flavors in this quick and easy pasta. The red onions give a wonderful sweetness to this dish and the flavorful salty pancetta add a wonderful punch. In fact there is no added salt in this recipe! This recipe can easily be made lighter by swapping the pancetta with turkey bacon!
For 1 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced zucchine
- 1/2 cup pancetta cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Pecorino Romano cheese
- fresh black pepper
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil and sauté the pancetta till crispy (about 7-10 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside leaving the oil and the rendered fat from the pancetta in the pan.
- In the same pan add the red onion and sauté until soft. Add the Zucchine slices and cook another 5-7 minutes.
- In the mean time cook the pasta and add a half a cup of starchy water to the Zucchine and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add the pancetta back into the skillet.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and add it into the skillet and toss for 1 minute. Turn the heat off and add the cheese and black pepper and toss until completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately.