Pizza Margherita alla Napoletana
Pizza Margherita only as Neapolitans can make it.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 1 ounce fresh yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- salt & pepper
For the Topping:
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella (Bufala mozzarella, if available)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dough Preparation:
- Mound the flour in a pile with a hole in the middle.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Add all the dough ingredients to the flour.
- Work all the ingredients together until the dough forms into the shape of a ball. Make sure you really work it well.
- Let the dough rest for 2 hours covered with plastic wrap at room temperature.
- Pizza Preparation:
- Stretch the dough with a floured rolling pin into a 12"-14" circle.
- Lay the dough flat on either an aluminum baking pan or a pizza stone.
- Add marinara sauce and mozzarella in thin slices.
- Drizzle olive oil and garnish with fresh basil and oregano.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for approximately 10-15 mins. or until crust is golden brown.
Nonna Amalia Lubrano, Appetizer Recipes, First Course Recipes, Entree Recipes, Bread and Focaccia Recipes, Campania Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Pizza Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes