Porcini Mushroom Risotto
Porcini Mushroom Risotto... a wonderful and delicate dish for the fall and winter season.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Risotto:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 6 cups hot beef broth
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1 grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Pour the warm water into a small mixing bowl and soak the dried porcini mushrooms for about 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, remove the porcini mushrooms from the water and chop them coarsely. Set aside.
- Pour the water from the mushrooms through a cheese cloth filter into a small saucepan. Place the saucepan on the stove and keep it at a simmer.
- Place the beef broth in a separate saucepan and place it on the stove, also at a simmer.
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and add the onion, the extra virgin olive oil and the butter. Sauté and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Once the onion turns soft, about 3-5 minutes add the porcini mushrooms to the pan. Sauté the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes and add the arborio rice.
- Toast the rice for 3-4 minutes and add the white wine.
- Once the alcohol from the wine has evaporated stir in about 1 cup of hot porcini broth. Continuously stir the rice until the broth is absorbed.
- Continue alternating adding porcini broth and beef broth a little at the time while you are stirring until the rice is al dente. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is to your desired consistency remove the pot from heat add in the grated parmigiano. Stir and pour in a large bowl. Garnish with more grated parmigiano.
Please Follow me on Instagram!