Roasted Peppers Frittata
Roasted Peppers Frittata.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Roast the peppers in the oven or on the BBQ. Romove the skin and cut in small pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the bread crumbs, cheese, ricotta, garlic, mint and capers and mix well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl beat the 5 eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix very well. Add 2 Tbs of EV olive oil and continue mixing.
- At last add the peppers and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a 9 1/2" cast iron skillet add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil and put on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add the mixture to the pan and quickly spread it evenly.
- Immediately transfer the pan to the mid-level of your oven.
- Let it cook for 35 minutes (or once the top colors to your liking) and you will have a perfect and crispy Frittata.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Frittata Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Peppers Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes