Straccetti alla Romana
Beef with Arugula... a quick dish loved by the Romans.
- Slice the beef into very thin strips about 2" long.
- In a saute` pan add 3 Tbs of EV olive, the garlic (whole) and the sage.
- Saute` the garlic and add the beef.
- Saute` the beef for about 3-4 minutes while constantly stirring it.
- Add the wine. Salt and pepper to taste and let the wine evaporate.
- In the last minute of cooking, add 1 cup of arugula and mix well.
- Serve over a bed of fresh arugula.
Simply delicious. A new regular dish that my husband and I will enjoy for years to come. - patk
My friend in Rome (his family owns a butcher shop near the Pantheon) makes this same recipe but uses...
See Full Review >> - audreygaia