Beautiful and festive Struffoli cones perfect for your Christmas party. These are loved by kids and adults!
The video of this recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna Roku Channel and you can enjoy it on a large screen TV in the comfort of your living room.
For 1 Person(s)
For the Struffoli:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- On a baking board mix all ingredients except the honey.
- Work it like a regular dough, not too soft.
- Take a small piece at a time, with your hands roll it into a long strip adding a little flour to your hands so it makes it easy to roll it.
- With knife cut in small pieces, roll them into balls, sprinkle a little flour on it and set in trays.
- In a pot add the frying oil, when hot, start to fry them a portion at a time, whatever the pot holds.
- Continue stirring the Struffoli until light brown.
- With a draining spoon place them in dishes over a paper towel, also use paper towel between each layer so it will absorb the oil.
- When all done frying, prepare another pot and melt honey over medium heat.
- Drop in the "struffoli" , small portions at a time, same as when you fry them.
- Stir a little, let them flavor in the honey, and place them in ice cream cones .
- Sprinkle some holiday confetti to decorate.
Merlindaguerra, I've never used anisette in the recipe but, if you want to do that, keep the wine an...
See Full Review >> - Nonna Antoinette
If substituting dry wine for anisette, does the vanilla stay or eliminate? Also if making the wreath...
See Full Review >> - Merlindaguerra
what a great idea to put them in ice cream cones. very clever. great recipe. - Noni