Stuffed Sicilian Artichokes - Carciofi Ripieni alla Siciliana
Stuffed Artichokes Sicilian Style... a delicious and tasty appetizer.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 8 medium sized artichokes
- 1 pound plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Cheese
- 2 Cloves finely chopped garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves and cutting the stem and the top part of the leaves as they may have thorns.
- Wash and drain the artichokes well.
- In a saute` pan put the bread crumbs and the garlic. Saute` until the bread crumbs are lightly golden. Let cool off.
- Add to the bread crumbs the finely chopped parsley, salt & pepper as desired, a bit more finely chopped garlic, the grated cheese and some olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients very well until the oil is evenly absorbed.
- Take each artichoke, open the leaves as much as you can and insert among the leaves the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the artichokes in an oven pan and add 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook for 15 mins.
- Finish off by putting the pan in the oven for 15 more mins. at 400 F.
Nonna Rosina Ingaglia, Appetizer Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Carciofi alla Siciliana Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
My Italian grandmother and mother made them the same way except they did not cook the garlic and bre...
See Full Review >> - firstname.lastname@example.org
These are the best and exactly how my grandmother cooked them, and showed me! Everyone I’ve made t...
See Full Review >> - flwldy
MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Debra-Bevilacqua@comcast.net
My Daughter loves this recipe and shares with all her Chicago friends. - Geopc89
this is exactly like I make them. Deliziozi. - LeliaT
In my famiglia we add anchovies.....YUM! a cab chopped stuffed here and there....drizzle the oil fro...
See Full Review >> - Kattrinka