Taralli with Fennel Seeds
Taralli with Fennel Seeds... so crispy and incredibly flavorful!
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Taralli:
- 1 1/4 pounds all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 ounce fennel seeds
- 1/2 ounce fresh yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer put all the liquids, the yeast and the salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour, the fennel seeds and mix well until all the ingredients are well amalgamated.
- Cut a chunk of dough and roll it into an 8 inch stick a little less than 1/2" tick.
- Unite and press both ends to form a little bow or any shape that you prefer.
- Let all the Taralli rest for about 15 Mins. covered with a cloth.
- Take a few taralli at the time and boil them in water. When you place the taralli in the boiling water they will sink to the bottom of the pan and may tend to stick to the bottom. With a wooden spoon, move them gently to remove them from the bottom. When they come up to the surface, remove them from the water and put them on a white cloth to dry.
- After you have boiled all your taralli, place all the taralli on a flat baking sheet and bake them for about 35 mins. at 380F. Keep an eye on them as all ovens have their own personality. Midway thru the baking cycle, turn the taralli to make sure that they cooke evenly on both sides.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Bread and Focaccia Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, St. Joseph Day Recipes, Carnevale Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Diabetic Appetizer Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Taralli Recipes
Monday, 12 March 2018
I am so happy to see this recipe! My mother (from Calabria) would make this for my father (from Pug...
See Full Review >> - Eleda