Tomato & Basil Sauce
Tomato & Basil Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 24oz jar Passata (tomato purée) OR 1- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- Put a sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes and salt. Fill the can or jar up with about 2 inches of water. Shake the can or jar to wash out the residual tomato and add it to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and add in the basil. Lower the flame to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Use immediately to dress Pasta or freeze in freezer safe containers.