Tripoline with Sausage and Whipped Ricotta
Tripoline Pasta with Sausage and Whipped Ricotta.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (removed from the casing)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- of fresh basil
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 pound Tripoline pasta or any other long cut pasta that you prefer
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Put the Ricotta into a food processor or a blender. Let it run for about 30 seconds. Scoop out and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan add a table spoon of olive oil and start browning the sausage on high heat. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate leaving the fat rendered from it in the pan. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Add the white wine and reduce. Scraping up the fond from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, basil and salt to taste.
- Add the sausage back into the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until Al Dente and add it to the sauce mixing well.
- Turn the heat off and add the Pecorino cheese letting the residual heat melt it into the pasta.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with whipped ricotta.