Valentine Hearts Butter Cookies
This is a very simple butter cookies recipe. it was passed down to me by my mother in law. I use this base-dough recipe for all my Holiday cookies, changing the shapes and the color toppings.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon tablbaking powder
- 1 tablespoon tvanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg white and sprinkles of your choice and color. for decoration
- Arrange flour on a working board forming a circle.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, butter, vanilla extract.
- With your hands start mixing the ingredients from the center of the circle.
- Add some flour to your hands if too sticky and keep on working until dough is made.
- Set dough aside for about 10 minutes.
- Always sprinkle a little flour on the board and use a little piece of dough at the time.
- With a rolling pin, stretch the dough, not too thin, not too thick, about 1/4 of an inch.
- Use cookie cutters (in this case, hearts) and place them on a greased cookie sheet
- I spray them with PAM
- Beat egg white and brush it on the cookies so topping will stick
- Sprinkle sugar crystals, chocolate , confetti, anything you like on it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for about 15-20 minutes.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
If using plastic cookie cutters with lots details, make the dough a little hard and sprinkle cookie cutter with flour, dough will separate easily.