Zucchini Flowers & Ricotta Tart
Zucchini Flowers & Ricotta Tart... excellent recipe to use to male zucchini flowers that otherwise go to waste.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Crust:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half crosswise and sliced into very thin slices
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- about 15 zucchini flowers, plus more for decorating the top, washed, stems removed and cut into bite sized pieces
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Place the thawed crust on a very large piece of floured parchment paper. Roll the crust out with a rolling pin until large enough to fit into the 9 inch pan.
- Place your hand under the parchment paper and flip the dough into a 9 inch pie plate or fluted pan. Peel off the parchment and arrange the dough so it comes up the sides and trim any excess that hangs over. Dock the crust with a fork and refrigerate white you make the filling.
- To make the filling:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Put a sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the zucchini and cook until they just begin to soften but still have some bite, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta, mint, eggs, grated cheese and zucchini flowers. Finally add the cooked and cooled zucchini and mix until well combined.
- Pour into the refrigerated crust and sprinkle with some extra grated parmigiano reggiano cheese. Decorate with some whole zucchini flowers if desired.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.