Apple Cinnamon Ricotta Cake
Apple Cinnamon Ricotta Cake.. when delicious apples are in season, this is the cake you want to make!
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups 00 flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Gala apples, 2 cut into a 1 inch chunks and one sliced thin
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, ricotta and vanilla and mix well with a spoon.
- Add in the oil, zest and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder little by little and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the chunks of apples and pour into prepared pan.
- Arrange the sliced apples on top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the apples are golden.