Crispy Prosciutto and Melon Salad
Crispy Prosciutto and Melon Salad: One of my earliest memories of my family's dinner parties is always a table set with Cantaloupe melon topped with slices of fresh Prosciutto. I love the mix of salty and sweet flavors. I wanted to give you guys my modern take on the iconic Italian antipasto! I found that crisping up the prosciutto adds a wonderful texture and the mint highlights the refreshing notes of the melon. You can serve this salad individually at a dinner party or in a big bowl at your next summer get together!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 cantaloupe (honeydew will work nicely as well)
- 4 ounces prosciutto (either cubed or cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for sautéing) plus extra to toss
- handful of fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté prosciutto until crispy. Set aside and cool to room temperature
- Cut melon in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. With a melon baller scoop the melon making sure to avoid getting the green close to the skin.
- In a bowl, toss together melon, cooled prosciutto, mint and extra virgin olive oil. Serve chilled in either a serving bowl or a hollowed out half of a melon.
Please Follow me on Instagram!