Eggplant Rollatini - Involtini di Melenzane
Eggplant Rollatini... perhaps one of the most versatile dishes in Italy.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 pound peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 leaves of fresh mint
- salt & pepper
- Cut the eggplant in slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Slices should be cut long way.
- Tomato Sauce: in a saucepan put some EV olive oil and add the finely chopped onion. Once the onion is slightly golden add the tomatoes. Cook at low flame for 20 minutes. Stir the content from time to time.
- Stuffing Preparation: in a mixing bowl, add the eggs, Parmigiano (leave a bit to put on the eggplants at the end), bread crumbs, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, chopped mint, 2 Tbs of olive oil and the mozzarella cut into cubes. Mix everything well.
- Take each slice of eggplant and add 2 tablespoons of stuffing on the slice and roll it. Repeat the process for all the slices of eggplant.
- In an oven pan, first add a layer of sauce and then place all the rolled eggplants.
- Cover all the eggplant rollatini with a layer of sauce and a generous sprinkle of cheese.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 375F.
Fry the eggplants slices in oil. Dry any excess oil.
Nonna Rina Pesce, Entree Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Parmigiano Reggiano Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Eggplant Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Vegetarian Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes
I love this recipe. Thank you - DianaJean