Escarole and Sausage Soup
Escarole and Sausage Soup.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed and broken up into small pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 cups water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 head escarole, washed, trimmed and cut into strips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Put large stock pot with a lid over a high flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots onions and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the sausage and cook while breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they just begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the water and the bullion vibes. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in the Escarole and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with salt as desired.
- Lower the flame to a simmer.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and grated cheese. Stream the mixture into the broth while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of grated cheese and crusty Italian bread.