Grilled Eggplant and Ricotta Stacks
Grilled Eggplant and Ricotta Stacks: This simple yet impressive recipe works beautifully as a side or appetizer. It's also a great way to use leftover Eggplant from a BBQ!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 3 Sicilian eggplant or 1 1/2 regular Eggplant cut into discs.
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup whole milk or part skim Rrcotta
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- grated Parmigiano cheese to sprinkle on top
- Brush Eggplant slices with oil and grill on a barbecue grill or a cast iron grill pan brushed with oil as well.
- Grill a few minutes on each side until slices are soft. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the Ricotta, Basil and salt to taste to a blender or a food processor and process till smooth.
- To assemble the stacks spoon some tomato sauce into a plate. Using the back of the spoon spread in a circular motion. Layer eggplant, and ricotta using 3 slices per stack. Top with ricotta and spoon some more sauce on top.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and grated Parmigiano cheese. Best served at room temperature.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Appetizer Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Ricotta Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Eggplant Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes