Italian Wedding Soup with Pastina
Italian Wedding Soup with Pastina.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound meatloaf mix, equal parts veal, pork and beef
- 3 cloves garlic, shaved or minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
For the Soup:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 cups chicken broth or water + 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 head escarole, ends trimmed, cut into strips. Washed and rinsed 3 times
- 1 pound Acini di Pepe - Peperini Pastina
- Get the Ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- To make the Meatballs:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat, garlic, eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Mix together by hand until well combined.
- Roll out small Meatballs about 1/2 inch in diameter. Set aside onto a plate.
- To make the Soup:
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Add in the meatballs and the escarole. Return the pot to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into a pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Add the pasta to a bowl and ladle some of the meatball soup on top. Serve with crusty bread and a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Very very goodvand not to difficult to make love it t stars ✨️ yes - Juventus 10