Nonna Dena’s Sour Cream Pound Cake
Nonna Dena’s Sour Cream Pound Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Pound Cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet Vanillina or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- confectioners sugar for dusting
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a loaf pan with baking spray or grease with butter and flour. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the sour cream and the eggs one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and dust with confectioners sugar before serving.