Octopus Salad - Insalata di polpo... here you can taste the flavors of the sea!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 tenderized, if available (arricciato) Octopus of about 1 Lb. Otherwise you can use the ones that are not tenderized.
- 2 lemons
- 5 extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- peperoncino - hot pepper
- Wash the octopus very well under cold water.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and once the water is boiling, put the octopus in the water.
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Once it turns red, remove the octopus from the hot water and rinse it under cold water.
- Cut the octopus in pieces of about 1".
- Add the EV olive oil and the juice of the lemons.
- Add salt and peperoncino to taste. Toss and put in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve cold.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook...
The Best Mother's Day Gift For Your
Mamma & Nonna!
Please Follow me on Instagram!
If you cannot find octopus, fresh calamari is a good substitute!
You buy them already tenderized from your fish market! :) - rossella rago
thnx for sharing :) - Saint of circumstance
How do you tenderize ? - powhatan