Pumpkin Pie Filled Olive Oil Cookies
Pumpkin Pie Filled Olive Oil Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided (2 for the dough, 1 for the egg wash)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided - Vanillina available in La Bottega
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- For the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat the 2 eggs and the sugar on medium speed until lemon colored and foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture and mix until fully absorbed. The dough will be rather soft.
- For the Filling:
- In another bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Flour your hands well. Take a rounded tablespoon of the dough and flatten it into a disk.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie filling to the center and fold the dough around it to seal.
- Place the cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, make the glaze.
- To make the Glaze:
- Whisk together all the glaze ingredients and while the cookies are still hot from the oven dip the tops into the glaze.
- Place the cookies on a wire rack and decorate with seasonal sprinkles as desired