Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies
Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies... great cookies for the fall season.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teasponn pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. At medium speed, beat in ricotta, pumpkin,Pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing: In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar, milk, melted butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. With small metal spatula or knife, spread icing on cookies; sprinkle with sugar crystals. Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
Recipe doesn't specify how much salt goes into the cookie mix but instructions say to mix in salt. - btannerw