Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies
Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies... great cookies for the fall season.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teasponn pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. At medium speed, beat in ricotta, pumpkin,Pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing: In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar, milk, melted butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. With small metal spatula or knife, spread icing on cookies; sprinkle with sugar crystals. Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.