Sausage and Summer Veggies
Sausage and Summer Veggies. Celebrate summer with this very tasty dish!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sausage:
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch round slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch round slices
- 10 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the zucchini, squash, garlic cloves, tomatoes, oil, thyme and salt.
- Toss until everything is well coated.
- Transfer to a 13x18 inch baking sheet and spread everything out into an even layer
- Place the sausage links on the baking sheet and drizzle each one with oil.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and sausages with the grated cheese.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes turning halfway through.
- PS: line the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.