So often after Thanksgiving and the holidays we quit thinking of pumpkin and squashes. But with healthy eating on my mind I wanted to incorporate these vitamin rich vegetables into a few dishes. The high fiber content leaves you feeling satisfied and they’re tasty too! Serve as a side dish or make a little larger as a veggie burger. Either way – enjoy!
For 18 Person(s)
- 2 full cups grated acorn squash
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cooking spray oil
- Combine all ingredients well (except oil of course!)
- Heat skillet to medium-high and spray with oil.
- Form each patty from about 2 tablespoons of mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn over for 3-4 minutes more.
- For more healthy recipes in January come visit us at www.CarolinaHeartStrings.com
Please Follow me on Instagram!