Stove Top Eggplant Parmigiana
Stove Top Eggplant Parmigiana, another wonderful way to enjoy this classic dish!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Parmigiana:
- 2 eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices, you will need 21 slices total
- olive oil for frying
- 2 cups Nonna's Marinara Sauce (See below for link to the recipe)
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Nonna's Marinara Sauce (Recipe HERE)
- Put a large saute pan over a medium-high flame and heat the olive oil. Fry the egglplant slices in batches until slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In another large saute pan with a lid add about half the marinara sauce to the bottom. Add a layer of eggplant slices to the pan and spoon a bit of marinara sauce over each slice.
- Top with a bit of mozzarella and a teaspoon of parmigiano cheese. Repeat twice more. Cover the pan and cook over low flame for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Sounds delicious. Do I bread the eggplant first ? - hotpeppergyrl