Tagliatelle with Porcini Mushrooms
Homemade Tagliatelle with fresh Porcini mushrooms... such a delicate aroma!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Tagliatelle:
- 1 pound fine semolina flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 pound fresh porcini mushrooms or dry porcini mushrooms soaked in water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- hot pepper
- Make the Fresh Tagliatelle:
- Make a well with the semolina on a wood board.
- Add the eggs and break them.
- Add the milk and EV olive oil and mix with the eggs.
- Mix the semolina with the liquids and work it well.
- Add some water (as needed) and continue to work/mix the dough until all the ingredients are well amalgamated and the dough has a firm consistency.
- Cut a piece of the dough and roll it with a rolling pin to flatten it.
- Put it through a pasta roller several times to smoothen it further.
- Finally put it through the Tagliatelle or Fettuccine roller to obtain the finished product.
- Place on a well floured tray and set aside.
- Make the Sauce:
- Add 3 Tbs of EV olive oil to a saute` pan.
- Chop the onion and add to the pan and let it get translucent. Add the the chopped garlic as well.
- Add the chopped sage, oregano and thyme.
- Add salt and hot pepper as desired.
- Before the garlic begins to golden add the fresh Porcini mushrooms and saute` into all the ingredients.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate completely.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the Tagliatelle. When they reach the "Al Dente" consistency, drain them and pour into the sauce pan. Toss the Tagliatelle in the sauce for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
If you do not have Porcinini mushrooms available, you can substitute them with any other type of mushrooms that you have or prefer.