Tonno alla Evelina
Tuna Steaks as my mother Evelina used to make.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Tuna:
- 2 tuna steaks about 1 inch thick
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup small capers
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 fillets of anchovies
- 1 peperoncino
- extra virgin olive oil
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a large saute` pan add 1/4 cup of EV olive oil.
- Add 3 cloves of garlic and saute`.
- When the oil is hot add the anchovies and let saute`. They will quickly break up and almost liquefy.
- Add the pancetta and let it color.
- Chop the celery, the onion and the carrot into fine pieces and add to the pan.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and add to the pan.
- Add the capers and the peperoncino... as desired and depending on how hot it is.
- Move all the vegetables to one side and use the open space in the pan to sear the tuna steaks on both sides (3 minutes per side).
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate... about 5 minutes at high flame.
- Serve and enjoy.
Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Nonna Yolanda Agostino, Calabria Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Pancetta Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Diabetic Entree Recipes, Heart Friendly Entree Recipes, Gluten Free Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes