Turdilli or Turdiddri
Turdilli... also known as Turdiddri, are traditionally made by all Calabresi at Christmas time!
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 pound flour
- 5 ounces honey
- 4 1/2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2 ounces Moscato wine or any white sweet wine
- cinnamon powder
- 1 orange zest
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, EV olive oil, wine, cinnamon and the zest of an orange finely grated.
- Work the dough gently and amalgamate all the ingredients.
- Take a piece of dough, roll it and make a 1 inch flat strip. Cut the strip in small pieces of about 1 inch.
- With a fork impress lines onto each of the pieces and curl them into small cylinders.
- Fry all your Turdilli.
- In a pan at low heat melt the honey and add the juice of one orange.
- Let it cool and pour over the Turdilli.
We have these every year and they are amazing! - Danny Campo
very good - pina220
We make these every year - my family from Calabria and my Nonna called them Turdilli. I love them. - tenofclubs
Can we make these without honey? Just like a fried bread - Sweetitalian
This is really close to the recipe I learned from my husband's mother 42 yrs ago. We have made it ev...
See Full Review >> - Casalino