Bocconotti for Christmas
Bocconotti... crunchy pockets of dough filled with almond paste... perfect for Christmas!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Dough:
- 2 pounds all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Filling:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 cup Vin Cotto
- olive oil for frying
- 2 cups Vin Cotto, additional Vinc Cotto to dip the bocconotti
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- In a Stand Mixer, add the olive oil and the wine and mix the two. Add the flour and continue to mix until the flour and the liquids are completely amalgamated and the dough is firm.
- To prepare the filling, boil the almonds and remove the peel. Once they are cold, put them in a food processor or a blender and chop them finely.
- Put the chopped almonds in a bowl, add the lemon zest, the sugar and the 1/2 cup of Vin Cotto. Mix until the almonds are fully coated with the Vin Cotto.
- Cut a small piece of dough and roll it very flat with a rolling pin to about 1/8" thick.
- With a teaspoon, deposit a lump of filling on the dough. Cover the filling with the dough to form a half moon. Cut the excess dough around the filling with a ravioli cutter. Press around the edges to ensure that the dough is completely attached.
- Make all your Bocconotti. At the end with a fork puncture each Bocconotto 2 times.
- Prepare the hot oil and fry all the Bocconotti until they turn golden.
- Let them completely cool off.
- In a pot add two cups of Vin Cotto and bring it to boil.
- One or two at the time add the fried Bocconotti into the hot Vin Cotto and let them get completely covered.
- Remove from the pot and deposit on a platter to cool off.
- Now they are ready to be served.