Ciambellone di Nonna Norma
Ciambellone - a simple and versatile dessert.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Ciambellone:
- 1/2 quart milk
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces melted butter (or 2 Tbs of EV olive oil as my grandmother did)
- 1 lemon, zest only
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 ounce yeast for cookies (Pan degli Angeli or baking powder)
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a bowl whip the eggs and sugar until the content becomes foamy.
- Slowly add the lukewarm milk and the yeast while you continue whipping.
- Add the flour and the butter (or the olive oil).
- Add the salt and lemon peel and mix well.
- Coat your Ciambellone mold with a very light coat of flour and pour the entire content into the mold.
- Sprinkle some sugar on the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 60 mins. at 400F.