Gnocchi alla Sorrentina di Nonna Amalia
Gnocchi alla Sorrentina the way Nonna Amalia has been making them for years.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 pound Gnocchi
- 28 ounces peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 pound mozzarella
- 4 cloves of garlic
- fresh basil
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a saute` pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic.
- Once the garlic turns golden, add the tomatoes (chop the tomatoes before adding them to the pan)
- Let the tomatoes cook at medium flame for about 15 minutes. Shut the flame and add the basil.
- In a large pot, cook the Gnocchi.
- The Gnocchi are done once they come to the surface. With a strainer remove the Gnocchi from the water and add them to the saute` pan.
- Toss them for 1 minute so that they get completely covered with sauce, add the mozzarella chopped in small cubes and cook for another minute until the mozzarella becomes soft.
- Serve in plates and garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.