Fusilli alla Mamma Angela
Fusilli alla Mamma Angela... My mamma's GoTo dish all year round!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Fusilli pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1 pound baby peas
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh black pepper
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- In a saute pan, add some olive oil and lightly saute the chicken cubes on all sides. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add 3 Tbsp of EV olive oil and the onion. Once the onion become translucent, add the chicken.
- Let the chicken saute for 3 mins. and add the chicken broth.
- Once the broth starts to boil add the tomatoes and the carrots.
- Let everything cook for 3 mins. and add the mushrooms and peas.
- Cook for 5 mins. add the cream and cook for 2 more mins.
- Add the Fusilli pasta and garnish with fresh black pepper and grated Parmigiano cheese.