Fusilli alla Mamma Angela
Fusilli alla Mamma Angela... My mamma's GoTo dish all year round!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pound chicken breast cut in cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1 pound baby peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & fresh black pepper
- 1 pound Fusilli pasta
- grated Parmigiano cheese
Get your copy of the
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Put a large saute pan over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and cook until the onion become translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook until lightly browned. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once the broth starts to boil add the tomatoes and the carrots.
- Let everything cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the carrots begin to soften, then and add the mushrooms and peas.
- Drop the pasta into the salted boiling water.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add the cream. Bring the cream to a simmer. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Cool for 1-2 minutes making sure all the pasta is coated in the sauce. Serve with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Please Follow me on Instagram!