Grilled Fennel Salad
Tasty grilled fennel (finocchio) combined with some fresh ingredients this wonderful salad is a departure from your everyday lettuce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 fennel bulb, stalks removed and cut in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- cracked black pepper
For the Marinade/Dressing:
- combine tomatoes, raspberries , garlic, mint, oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- ad sliced fennel to marinade and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- ***Pre heat grill to high heat***
- Remove fennel from marinade and place on hot grill cooking for 8 minutes on each side.
- Fennel should be slightly charred and soft but still al dente.
- Plate fennel, cover with remaining marinade and set aside for 10 minutes.
- This dish can be served warm or cold!
- For a little more kick, add crumbled asiago or feta cheese on top.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
With fresh, savory and sweet flavors this a wonderful light dish. This salad makes a great side dish for grilled or roasted meats and fish.