Homemade Orecchiette with Braciole
Homemade Orecchiette Pasta with Braciole... the traditional Sunday dinner from Puglia.
The video of this recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna Roku Channel and you can enjoy it on a large screen TV in the comfort of your living room.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Braciole:
- 8 slices of beef cut for Braciole
- wedges of pecorino cheese
- chopped garlic
- chopped parsley
- hot pepper flakes
- wood toothpicks
Foe the Sauce:
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes, purred
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- grated pecorino cheese
- 1 pound orecchiette, homemade, preferably
- Assemble the Braciole:
- Take each slice of beef and position at the center some wedges of pecorino cheese, some chopped garlic, chopped parsley and hot pepper flakes, as desired.
- Roll the meat into a braciola and seal it with wood toothpicks.
- Assemble all the braciole and set aside.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a large pot, add the EV olive oil and let it get warm. Add the chopped onion and carrot and let them saute for a few minutes.
- Add the braciole and let them brown on all sides.
- Add the red wine and let it evaporate,
- Add the pureed tomatoes, stir well and adjust for salt, as desired.
- Add the bay leaves, cover the pot and let the sauce simmer for about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Cook the orecchiette pasta Al Dente in salted water, drain and mix into the sauce.
- Toss in the sauce for a few seconds, garnish with grated pecorino cheese and serve.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!