Pollo alla Maremmana
Chicken alla Maremmana from the fine cuisine of Tuscany.
For 6 Person(s)
- 3 pounds chicken parts of your choice
- 2 slices of Rigatino (Pancetta is a good substitute or lean bacon)
- 3 Plum tomatoes without seeds
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 1 Peperoncino (hot pepper)
- 6 tablespoons EV olive oil
- 4 leaves of sage
- Cut the chicken in small pieces (2-3")
- In a large pan, saute` the chicken in olive oil and garlic for 7 mins.
- In a separate pan put some oil, garlic, onions, peperoncino, sage, Rigatino and the tomatoes.
- Saute` everything for 5 mins. and add to the chicken.
- Cover the pan and cook at high heat for 20 mins.
- Lower the heat, add the wine and the chicken broth. Cook for an additional 30 mins.
- Add the vinegar and let it evaporate at high heat.
Please Follow me on Instagram!